Best-Performing Stocks Under $5 in 2011
7. ParkerVision (PRKR)
Company Profile: ParkerVision develops RF technologies that have low power consumption for 2G, 3G and 4G wireless communications.Shares of ParkerVision surged in July after the company announced it is suing mobile chipmaker Qualcomm (QCOM) for patent infringement. The complaint accuses Qualcomm of "objective recklessness in its infringing activity and seeks an award of exemplary damages, attorneys' fees, and costs in bringing this action." Current Share Price: 92 cents (Sept. 28) 2011 Total Return: 104.8% Analyst Ratings: No research analyst follows ParkerVision. TheStreet Ratings gives ParkerVision a "sell" based on "generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins."
6. Authentidate Holding (ADAT) Company Profile: Authentidate provides software applications and Web-based services for businesses. The surge in Authentidate's stock started in early April after the company completed the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary, Authentidate International AG, to Switzerland's Exceet Group AG. The transaction yielded net cash proceeds of $1.3 million. During the second half of April, the Department of Veterans Affairs, Ameri-Quipt and Superior Oxygen & Medical Equipment selected Authentidate's services. Current Share Price: 93 cents (Sept. 28) 2011 Total Return: 109% Analyst Ratings: Sidoti & Co. is the lone firm with research coverage on Authentidate, rating the stock "neutral" with no price target. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on the stock. The latest report on Authentidate says one of the most important negative areas for the company is the "overall disappointing return on equity."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV