9. BioLase Technology (BLTI)
Company Profile: BioLase Technology is a medical-technology company that makes lasers, related products and services focused on technologies for improved applications and procedures in dentistry and medicine.Shares of BioLase hit a 52-week high of $6.78 in April, with the rally being sparked in January after the company issued annual revenue guidance for 2011 in the range of $55 million to $60 million, representing growth of 120% to 140% over 2010. Since then, however, shares have steadily retreated back below $4. Current Share Price: $3.42 (Sept. 28) 2011 Total Return: 103.1% Analyst Ratings: BioLase is rated "buy" by three research firms, which have an average price target of $6.93, according to Bloomberg. One other firm has a "sell" rating on the stock but no price target. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" ranking on BioLase, saying the company's biggest weakness has been "feeble growth in its earnings per share."
8. Saratoga Resources (SARA) Company Profile: Saratoga Resources is an independent exploration and production company, with acreage along the transitional coastline of Louisiana. Last year, Saratoga Resources emerged from bankruptcy protection with debt obligations restructured to reduce the interest burden on the company. The company was successful in preserving 100% of the interests of shareholders. It paid creditors 100 cents on the dollar and extended the maturity on then existing credit facilities to April 2012. The stock, which was added to the NYSE Amex in July, after Saratoga refinanced prior debt facilities, reduced total debt, raised over $35 million in new equity, and increased cash by 400%. Current Share Price: $4.60 (Sept. 28) 2011 Total Return: 104.4% Analyst Ratings: No research analyst has coverage of Saratoga Resources. TheStreet Ratings also does not follow the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV