Shop for Kaiser & Casey
Iowa-based Casey General Stores (CASY) are a long way from Wall Street, but Matthew Swaim, co-manager for the Advisory Research Global Value Fund (ADVWX) believes the mid-western retailer is perfectly positioned for a bull run.
"Casey's has 1500 stores and they are expanding. They have also given a lot of capital back to shareholders through buybacks and dividends so the company's strong balance sheet has really allowed Casey's to execute," says Swaim.
The $12.3 million fund is down 2.6% year-to-date, putting it in the 64th percentile of Morningstar's world stock category. Over the past year, the fund has lost 2.6%, ranking it in the fund-tracker's 53rd percentile.
Swaim is also a fan of rail car maker Trinity Industries (TRN), which he says will benefit from railroads finally replacing their fleets after cutting back during the recession."Cars are 30 year assets, but we are getting into the later stages of car life so they are ready to replace. Railroads are ready to order. They want the tank car that Trinity produces," says Swaim. Finally, Swaim is bullish on come-back story Kaiser Aluminum (KALU), which went through bankruptcy in the middle of the decade. Traditionally an aluminum producer, Kaiser now focuses on processing. Swaim also likes the fact that it has long term contracts with both Airbus and Boeing and is trading close to its book value. "They are the excess capacity in the business. Alcoa competes well but Kaiser has a lower cost business," says Swaim.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV