Diversinet Strengthens Military Healthcare IT Expertise With Two Executive Advisory Board Appointments
Dr. Hon Pak and Fred Hannett Named to Help Diversinet Build upon Success of MobiSecure Technology with U.S. Army's mCare Program
TORONTO, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Diversinet Corp. (TSX Venture: DIV, OTCBB: DVNTF), a leader in "Connected and Protected" mobile healthcare communications, has appointed to its executive advisory board two experts in healthcare technology issues and applications related to the United States Department of Defense (DoD):
- Dr. Hon Pak, previous President of the American Telemedicine Association and recently retired Chief Information Officer of the U.S. Army Medical Department, Office of the Surgeon General
- Frederick J. Hannett, a Washington-based consultant and healthcare IT thought leader with longstanding ties to the DoD, as well as founder and Managing Principal of The Capitol Alliance
"Dr. Pak and Fred Hannett greatly strengthen our executive advisory board," said Diversinet Chairman and CEO Albert Wahbe. "Their outstanding accomplishments and extensive leadership experience in large-scale healthcare delivery systems bring us well-informed guidance and insight as we build upon our success with the U.S. Army's mCare program."
mCare is a telehealth outreach program established for members of the military recovering from mild traumatic brain injuries and other wounds. The program leverages a HIPAA-compliant mobile phone application based on Diversinet's MobiSecure ® technology, which enables daily two-way secure communication between patients and Army healthcare professionals.Following an extensive pilot program, the Army engaged Diversinet under a five-year contract to support mCare's expansion. A mobile platform will be critical to enable patient-centered care in the military healthcare system, especially as the Army implements a patient-centered medical home model throughout the enterprise. "Now that we've demonstrated the value of MobiSecure for the U.S. military," Wahbe said, "we will be seeking guidance from our new advisers to strategically expand our presence and market share in both the federal and commercial spaces."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV