MIAMI, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LEN.B) announced today that Jay Mantz has joined its wholly-owned subsidiary, Rialto Capital Management, LLC ("Rialto"), to oversee the company's Real Estate Investment Management business as Rialto's President. The company also announced that Bill Landis, who joined Rialto in 2008 as its Chief Investment Officer, is taking on responsibilities for overseeing Rialto's Asset Management business as Rialto's Chief Operating Officer. Both Jay and Bill will report to Jeff Krasnoff, Rialto's Chief Executive Officer.
Jay joins Rialto after 18 years with Morgan Stanley where he ran Morgan Stanley's Real Estate Investing business from 2000 to 2005, helping to create one of the world's leading investment platforms. Jay was subsequently promoted to global co-head of Morgan Stanley Merchant Banking, which included Real Estate, Private Equity and Infrastructure investing activities.
Mr. Krasnoff said, "We are very excited that Jay has joined us at Rialto. We have worked and invested side-by-side with Jay during his almost two-decade tenure at Morgan Stanley and have had the opportunity to recognize first hand what a great leader and business builder Jay is."
Stuart Miller, Chief Executive Officer of Lennar, added, "The addition of Jay and his unique capabilities furthers Lennar's strategy of growing our existing Rialto franchise, and in particular expanding our access to capital and new investment opportunities to create value for our partners and shareholders."Mr. Mantz said, "I have known Jeff and Stuart for close to twenty years and am very excited to join what is already a best-in-class operating platform and leader in value investing with outstanding management. I look forward to being a part of the unique growth opportunities ahead for the company."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV