TheStreet: What is your biggest worry right now?
Ross: My biggest worry right now is that with the way governments are dysfunctional both in Europe and to a degree here that things will get out of control on the downside.
TheStreet: And what's the likelihood of that happening?
Ross: I think here it's relatively small, but in Europe it's more significant. I think what Europe needs--whatever happens with Greece, whether it defaults or it doesn't, the crisis there is not going to be over. They need fundamental structural reform. I think the Europeans have got to build a huge ring fence around the peripheral sovereign nations and set in motion a kind of European version of the TARP funding for banks that we have here and if they can do that quickly and on a big scale I think it'll solve the problem. If they keep trying to do it by small increments it won't solve the problem because people won't have confidence that they've got their arms around it-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV