NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Wilbur Ross, CEO and Chairman of private equity firm W.L. Ross & Co., is known as a bottom-fishing investor.
His firm, part of fund giant Invesco (IVZ) has taken stakes in companies in a range of industries, from steel to autos to shipping to banking. Ross has been a particularly active investor of late.
Just this week his firm announced the purchase of Deutsche Bank Berkshire Mortgage, a residential real estate lender, from Deutsche Bank (DB) and a $50 million infusion into New York's Amalgated Bank. Other investments by Ross in recent weeks include Diamond S Shipping Group and Bank of Ireland (IRE). TheStreet caught up with Ross Tuesday at the Bloomberg Dealmakers Summit.
This interview has been edited for clarity.TheStreet: Many dealmakers at this conference don't want to buy anything right now until they get more certainty about what will happen in Europe. You just got off a panel where
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV