About European banks and concerns with asset valuations, Feinberg said that the region's banks might benefit from an independent assesment of their assets similar to BlackRock's (BLK)
valuation of loan losses at six Irish banks earlier this year. Even without a confidence-inspiring loan assesment Feinberg said, "Europe is an exciting opportunity... We've bought a lot [of loan portfolios] already and there are more in the pipeline."
Like other private equity firms, Cerberus Capital is also seeking to create value in the companies it owns by adding its operational expertise to lower costs and better manage risks. In some private finanicial sector-based investments, Feinberg said his team can even lend a specialty in processing complicated interest rate and loan risks to the companies it has a stake in.
-- Written by Antoine Gara in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV