The Con Edison Green Team has distributed over $700,000 in incentives to 200 multi-family building owners. These incentives can dramatically reduce the initial cost of installing energy efficient cooling, heating, and lighting equipment and energy management systems that will reduce operating costs.
The improvements have certainly been paying off for building owners currently participating in the program. Lighting improvements alone have saved individual buildings an average of $2,500 per year on electric bills. Energy management systems have saved buildings an average of $3,000 per year on gas expenses.
“With incentives from Con Edison, I was able to replace my old hot water boiler with a high-efficiency boiler, an economical and greener alternative,” said James Bakleh of Cjm-Ash LLC in Yonkers. “I’d recommend anyone do this.”
“Upgrading to energy-efficient cooling and heating equipment is an effective way to cut energy costs and maintain the comfort of multi-family buildings,” said Con Edison Multi-Family Energy Efficiency Program Manager Greg Elcock. “We help owners develop a plan that will have the greatest impact on a property, guide them to the incentives that make it easier to do and provide the information needed so that owners can generate real cost savings.”Additional incentives are available for energy efficiency improvements within individual units. Residents receive up to six free compact fluorescent light bulbs and may be eligible for high-efficiency showerheads, faucet aerators and other energy-saving devices. Over $250,000 in free energy-saving devices have been distributed to building residents. Eligible buildings for Con Edison’s Multi-Family Energy Efficiency Program must have five to 75 units and an active Con Edison electric and/or natural gas account that pays into the Systems Benefit Charge (SBC). Financial incentives are available for energy efficiency improvements in common areas, including:
- Heating system upgrades to high efficiency equipment
- Heating control installation including energy management systems, boiler reset controls and thermostats
- Roof and heating pipe insulation
- Upgrades to high efficiency fluorescent lighting and light-emitting diode (LED) exit signs
- Installation of occupancy sensors
- Premium efficiency motors for pumps and fans
- Upgrades to high efficiency central air conditioning
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV