CUPERTINO, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- After months of rumor and speculation, Apple (AAPL) has confirmed that its next big product event will take place on Tuesday Oct. 4, likely marking the debut of the new iPhone 5.
Apple has sent out invitations to a "special event" titled "let's talk iPhone" on Tuesday, according to Reuters. The event will take place at the tech giant's headquarters in Cupertino, Calif., the report said.
The iPhone 5 launch will be the first of the post-Steve Jobs era, representing a crucial moment for the company's new CEO Tim Cook.
The new phone is expected to run on a dual-core processor with a better camera. There has also been chatter about a stripped-down iPhone 4 to sell into expanding markets such as China.Shares of Apple, which have been hitting new highs in anticipation of the new hardware, rose $2.97, or 0.7%, to $406.14 on Tuesday. -- Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV