- KEYCORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, KEYCORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.47 versus -$2.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.86 versus $0.47).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 242.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $70.00 million to $240.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,042.00 million or 46.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, KEYCORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 46.96%.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 20.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- KEY has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 23.21% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.