Onyx Service & Solutions, Inc. (OTCQB:ONYX) announced that last week the Company successfully won approval for an $84 Million (US) solar power project for Roatan, Honduras. The project capacity is currently 18.5 megawatts and is expected to take over 65,000 280-watt solar panels. ONYX sees this project as the premium opportunity to install their first branded 280-watt panels.
Project Engineer (L), ONYX President Malcolm Burleson (C) and Company attorney Alex Villela (R) during presentation (Photo: Business Wire)
Last Wednesday morning, ONYX President Malcolm Burleson and Project Engineer Rick Coens conducted a formal presentation of the 18.5 megawatt project to Governor Shawn Hyde, Mayor Julio Galindo and a quorum of Council members at the Roatan Municipal Government chambers.
After the presentation by Burleson, Mayor Galindo told the ONYX representatives “You guys have it” and Governor Hyde went on to add “I fully support the project and will do whatever is needed for the project.”
Details of the 18.5 Megawatt Solar project can be seen at www.solar-stock.com/solar-diesel-reduction.htmlThe next steps for ONYX will be the completion of the agreement with the project investors and initiation of the regulatory processes. ONYX management has identified a lucrative market for solar power projects in nations that use diesel produced electricity. Roatan currently relies 100% on diesel produced electricity. Solar power has been identified as an ideal economical solution to power the island. The island of Roatan is a renowned tourist destination and a substantial source of revenues for Honduras. Roatan has a significant American population and is a perfect location for the Company's first diesel reduction solar project. The July 2011 issue of "Islands Magazine" rated Roatan the #1 island to retire on in the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV