Mines Management, Inc. (NYSE-Amex:MGN) (TSX:MGT) (the "Company") is pleased to announce that a Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement (the “SDEIS”) has been completed by the U.S. Forest Service for the Montanore Project.
“Completion of the SDEIS is a major step forward in the final phase of the permitting process,” stated Glenn M. Dobbs, the Company’s President and CEO. “It signals a move toward completion of the process we began in 2005, since which time we have developed extensive documentation demonstrating the benign nature of this underground mining project, and the protections to the environment provided in the plan of operations.
“Using proven processes to mine and process the material, we have designed a mine which would exceed current standards and regulations to protect wildlife, maintain purity and viability of water in the region, and mitigate any other potential or perceived risks to the environment. We are gratified with the work that has been done by the agencies and the EIS contractor who have completed a thorough analysis of the Montanore Project. We are especially appreciative of the overwhelming support the community has provided throughout this process.
“Having been previously fully permitted in 1993, the project has undergone additional exhaustive studies, and it is clear the community in the area of the project would like to see the mine built. If developed, the Montanore Project would provide an estimated 350 direct long term jobs in a community with approximately 20% unemployment, resulting in significant economic growth and an increase in the tax base. With the completion of the SDEIS, we are optimistic that the permitting process is nearing a conclusion, after which the project can move forward.”The remaining steps of the permitting process include:
- Public review of the SDEIS, and comments
- Biological Consultation with the U.S. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, concluding with a Biological Opinion (“BO”)
- Final Environmental Impact Study (“FEIS”), followed by a Record of Decision (“ROD”) from the U.S. Forest Service
Silver is increasingly valuable with respect to:
- solar energy production,
- replacing the use of toxic materials, such as lead,
- its anti-bacterial properties to purify water and reduce the spread of disease.
Copper is a strategic mineral to the United States, and critical to:
- expanding green energy, including solar and wind power generation & distribution,
- electrical distribution in new construction
- low cost material for electronics, critical to maintaining America’s global competitiveness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV