3. Vale is a metals and mining giant that produces iron ore and iron ore pellets.
During the second quarter of 2011, the company reported operating revenue of $15.3 billion, up 55% year over year. Sales to Asia contributed 52.1% toward total second-quarter revenue, up from 49.6% in the first quarter of 2011.
Operating income and net profit surged more than 60% each to $9 billion and $6.4 billion, respectively. The operating margin increased to 51.7% from 47.9% in the previous year's June quarter.Eight-seven percent of analysts rate the stock a buy. On average, analysts expect the stock to gain 64% over the next year. Vale is trading at a P/E or 4.6 based on estimated 2012 earnings.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts