3. Vale is a metals and mining giant that produces iron ore and iron ore pellets.
During the second quarter of 2011, the company reported operating revenue of $15.3 billion, up 55% year over year. Sales to Asia contributed 52.1% toward total second-quarter revenue, up from 49.6% in the first quarter of 2011.
Operating income and net profit surged more than 60% each to $9 billion and $6.4 billion, respectively. The operating margin increased to 51.7% from 47.9% in the previous year's June quarter.Eight-seven percent of analysts rate the stock a buy. On average, analysts expect the stock to gain 64% over the next year. Vale is trading at a P/E or 4.6 based on estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV