NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA), Eni (E), JPMorgan Chase (JPM), Vale (VALE), Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR), Rio Tinto (RIO) could deliver robust gains in the next 12 months, according to Wall Street analysts.
These six large-cap stocks span diverse sectors: banking, mining, oil & gas and pharmaceuticals. These stocks have a minimum market capitalization of $30 billion. They should outperform their peers and the broader markets, according to analysts' 12-month price targets.
6. Eni is an integrated oil, gas and petrochemical company that operates in 77 countries.
Oil and natural gas production declined 15% during the second quarter of 2011 because of the shutdown of operations in Libya. However, operating profit and net profit rose 8% and 4%, respectively, from the year-earlier quarter.During the first half of 2011, four new fields came on-stream in Congo, Italy and the U.S, the company reports. The company acquired interest in two gas discoveries in the Timor Sea and exploration acreage in Indonesia. Eni also said it has signed an agreement with Sonatrach to pursue shale gas development in Algeria. Eni experienced exploration success during the first half in the U.S., Norway, Venezuela, the U.K. and Angola, adding 415 million barrels to its reserve base. According to consensus 12-month price target of analyst, the stock is expected to gain 55% over the next year. It is trading at a price-to-earnings ratio of 5.8, based on estimated 2011 earnings. Sixty percent of analysts covering the stock give it a buy rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV