JERUSALEM, September 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. (OTC BB: ORMP) ( http://www.oramed.com), a developer of oral delivery systems, announced that EnteraBio Ltd. recently reported successful Phase 1 clinical trial results. The Phase 1 data supports the continued development of Entera's oral osteoporosis drug.
Entera's IP was out-licensed from Oramed in 2010 and Oramed is entitled to 3% royalties plus a small holding in the company according to the agreement.
EnteraBio is developing an oral tablet form of a well known osteoporosis drug, which currently totals $830 million in annual sales. The Phase 1 clinical trial consisted of twelve healthy patients and was conducted at the Hadasah Medical Center in Jerusalem. No adverse events were reported.About Oramed Pharmaceuticals Oramed Pharmaceuticals is a technology pioneer in the field of oral delivery solutions for drugs presently delivered via injection. Oramed is seeking to revolutionize the treatment of diabetes through its patented flagship product, an orally ingestible insulin capsule currently in Phase 2 clinical trials. Established in 2006, Oramed's technology is based on over 25 years of research performed by top research scientists at Jerusalem's Hadassah Medical Center. Oramed's corporate and R&D headquarters are based in Jerusalem. For more information, please visit http://www.oramed.com About EnteraBio Entera Bio is developing novel oral drugs by utilizing its proprietary cutting edge delivery technology. This technology protects large molecules and peptides in the GI tract. Oral drug delivery is the most straight forward and user friendly approach to medical treatment. Entera Bio has key personnel with the relevant know how, experience and networks working together to enable rapid development of its products. The company has an experienced management team with more than 50 years of combined drug development experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV