BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Euro TARP, the plan to save Europe from the sovereign debt crisis by shoring up banks, leads your quick fix of company, market and economic news for Tuesday, Sept. 27.
The Big Story
Euro TARP thing sounds so, so familiar. It really is déjà vu all over again, and this time with
Despite the madness of the European Investment Bank's involvement, this is essentially a
"No More Lehmans" rally in equities.
Quote of the Day"As a result of several long-building, polarizing trends in American politics and culture, we have lost the ability to execute even the basic functions of government, much less solve the most difficult and divisive problems facing the country," said former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, on the subject of U.S. political dysfunction.
Company NewsHacker group Anonymous is doing their best impression of Muddy Waters Research, and their first target is Chaodo Modern Agriculture, an agricultural produce company based in China.
MarketsHedge fund manager Paul Tudor Jones said the economy is "going to be bleak for some period of time, unfortunately." Considering Jones is a macro-fund manager, this is kind of a big deal.
Investment StrategyMissing the trade gracefully is as much a part of the craft as executing, says the executive editor of StockTwits.
Odds and EndsThieves take the term " bringing home the bacon" too far. To be fair, there's no such thing as too much bacon.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV