MIAMI, Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- College students in several Florida schools can now sell, trade, barter and buy everything from books to bikes via their smartphones, thanks to a new mobile phone application created by students, for students and introduced by Net Element (OTCQB: NETE), a technology services provider and Internet publisher. The Yapik app, introduced this month as a pilot at Florida International University (FIU), the University of Florida (UF), and the University of Miami (UM), is slated to launch in 12 other schools in January and nationwide in July 2012.
As the first location-based mobile commerce application catering specifically to college students, Yapik offers a new, easier way for students to find and barter goods and services within the context of the campus experience. Conceptualized by UM student Sabina Kaplan and University of South Florida (USF) graduate Cristina Dominguez, the app enables students to buy or sell products nearby, chat with other students, view content feeds, create profiles and lists of "favorite" friends.
"I got the idea to create Yapik as a college student at UM, because I knew firsthand that in college life, you have to get what you need, quickly, easily and at the right price, or you'll be left behind," said Kaplan, Yapik's founder, a current University of Miami student. "College students love their smartphones and love to banter, barter, and buy. Yapik is the perfect college app for this. Yapik is your campus connection in the palm of your hand."Armando Ibarra, Yapik's product manager, a 2006 Massachusetts Institute of Technology ( MIT) graduate, added: "We are very excited to be launching an innovative social e-commerce platform in the multi-billion dollar college market and giving students a valuable tool to enhance their college experiences." The social app features geo-based and augmented reality services in an easy-to-use platform that will enable users to:
- Create accounts and have profiles that link them to their colleges
- Post items for sale, trade or barter
- Post information about items they're seeking
- Engage in live chats with other students to haggle, barter or negotiate for the items
- Have "favorites" lists of friends and buddies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV