OSLO, Norway, September 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Strategic collaboration with Ipsen for marketing rights in Europe and the rest of the world except Nordics and the US
- Photocure to commercialise the product directly in the US market
Photocure ASA (OSE: PHO), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on photodynamic technologies in dermatology and cancer, announces today the execution of a new commercial strategy for Hexvix, its flagship product to aid in diagnosing bladder cancer. Photocure has entered into a strategic collaboration with Ipsen, a global specialty-driven biopharmaceutical company focused on four franchises, including uro-oncology, to commercialise Hexvix worldwide, excluding the US and Nordic region. Additionally, to capitalise on the untapped US market opportunity, Photocure plans to launch the product, approved as Cysview™ in the US, through its own commercial operations. The new strategy will maximise the potential of Hexvix on a global basis.
Hexvix has been the first significant advance for the improved detection of bladder cancer. It is designed to induce specific fluorescence in the malignant cells in the bladder during a cystoscopic procedure, making it easier for the urologist to detect bladder cancer. Hexvix, initially approved in Sweden in 2004, was approved across Europe by 2006 and as Cysview in the US in 2010. Since 2006, the product has been commercialized in Europe by GE Healthcare. Hexvix was initially approved in the EU based on strong clinical data showing improved detection of bladder cancer . More recently, new clinical data has shown that improved detection using Hexvix makes local surgery more complete and leads to significant reduction in the recurrence of bladder cancer . Based on this, Hexvix has the potential to transform the diagnosis of bladder cancer and may significantly improve patient outcomes.Ipsen will be responsible for marketing and selling Hexvix worldwide, excluding the US and Nordic region. Ipsen has a strong and well established uro-oncology franchise and will commercialise Hexvix through its dedicated urology salesforce. Photocure retains the rights to the product in the Nordics and the US.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV