Puda Coal Received A Resignation Letter From Its CEO
TAIYUAN, China, Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- On September 23, 2011, the Board of Directors of Puda Coal, Inc. (the "Company"; Other OTC: PUDA.PK) received a letter from the Company's Chief Executive Officer ("CEO"), Liping Zhu, dated September 22, 2011. The letter states that Mr. Zhu resigns from his positions as the Company's CEO and as a director on the Board. The letter also states that, on August 29, 2011, Mr. Zhu provided a false letter from CITIC Trust Co. Ltd. ("CITIC") to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") and to counsel for Ming Zhao, Chairman of Puda Coal.
On September 1, 2011, the Company filed a current report on Form 8-K with the SEC disclosing interim findings of the internal investigation by the Audit Committee, including that, on August 31, 2011, Ming Zhao, through his counsel, provided the Audit Committee with a letter purportedly from CITIC (the "CITIC Letter"), and that the Audit Committee was unable to verify the authenticity of, or the information contained in, the "CITIC Letter." The "CITIC Letter" appears to be the same letter that was referred to in the resignation letter from CEO Liping Zhu.
SOURCE Puda Coal, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV