TAIYUAN, China, Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- On September 23, 2011, the Board of Directors of Puda Coal, Inc. (the "Company"; Other OTC: PUDA.PK) received a letter from the Company's Chief Executive Officer ("CEO"), Liping Zhu, dated September 22, 2011. The letter states that Mr. Zhu resigns from his positions as the Company's CEO and as a director on the Board. The letter also states that, on August 29, 2011, Mr. Zhu provided a false letter from CITIC Trust Co. Ltd. ("CITIC") to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") and to counsel for Ming Zhao, Chairman of Puda Coal.
On September 1, 2011, the Company filed a current report on Form 8-K with the SEC disclosing interim findings of the internal investigation by the Audit Committee, including that, on August 31, 2011, Ming Zhao, through his counsel, provided the Audit Committee with a letter purportedly from CITIC (the "CITIC Letter"), and that the Audit Committee was unable to verify the authenticity of, or the information contained in, the "CITIC Letter." The "CITIC Letter" appears to be the same letter that was referred to in the resignation letter from CEO Liping Zhu.
SOURCE Puda Coal, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV