WINNIPEG, Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - IMRIS Inc. (NASDAQ: IMRS; TSX: IM) ("IMRIS" or the "Company") today announced that the first published results on the early clinical experiences at hospitals using the IMRIS system, highlight a number of positive findings for procedures and patient outcomes resulting from utilization of the intraoperative MRI capabilities available in IMRIS suites.
The studies which were conducted at hospitals in three different countries each concluded that the IMRIS system can be safely integrated into neurosurgical workflows and enable intraoperative modification of surgical strategy in a range of neurosurgical procedures.
The studies included 180 patients treated from April 2008 to July 2009 at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, USA (Chicoine MR., et al); 45 patients treated between July 2008 and July 2009 at PLA 301 Hospital in Beijing, China, ( Xiaolei Chen, et al); and 120 patients who underwent procedures between January 2009 and November 2009 at University of Calgary Foothills Hospital in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, ( Michael J. Lang, et al).
- In 41% of all cases in the Washington University School of Medicine study and in 48.9% of all cases included in the study at PLA 301 Hospital, the surgeon modified the surgical procedure based upon the intraoperative MR imaging information provided by the IMRIS suite.
- Gross/near total tumor resection was achieved in 93% of patients with gliomas in the Washington University School of Medicine study, compared with 65% for procedures that did not utilize the intraoperative MR imaging capabilities in the same timeframe.
- Gross/near total tumor resection was achieved in 76.9% of the pituitary adenoma procedures in the PLA 301 Hospital preliminary clinical experience which compared with 38.5% of the procedures having achieved gross/near total tumor resection prior to the intraoperative MR imaging.
- From clinical experience with 120 patients, the University of Calgary Foothills Hospital study found that intraoperative imaging resulted in modification to surgery in a substantial number of patients and concluded that intraoperative imaging at 3.0T is safe, reliable and capable of directing image guided surgery with exceptional image quality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV