Chris Christie Gets Push From Big GOP Donors
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Major GOP donors have reportedly renewed calls for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to state his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.
The outspoken governor addressed a forum at Rider University in New Jersey and said the current Republican field hadn't answered the public's craving for a viable candidate.
|New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie|
"I think what the country is thirsting for, more than anything else right now, is someone of stature and credibility to tell them that and say, 'Here's where I want us to go to deal with this crisis,'" Christie said, according to the New York Post.
But sources close to Christie have denied the claims that the governor would seek nomination. "It's off the page," a source said, according to the newspaper.The big donors who have reportedly pushed for Christie to run have included banker Charles Schwab of Charles Schwab., Home Depot co-founder Ken Langone and New York's second-richest man David Koch. The renewed calls came as Texas Gov. Rick Perry's poll numbers began to slip and as former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's numbers remained flat. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV