KISSIMMEE, Fla., Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) announced today at the Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) 2011 Annual Conference the introduction of Clorox Commercial Solutions(R) Clorox(R) Broad Spectrum Quaternary Disinfectant Cleaner. Clorox(R) Broad Spectrum Cleaner is Clorox's newest non-bleach hospital-use disinfectant and the only quaternary spray registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to kill all of the ESKAPE pathogens.(1) According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the six ESKAPE pathogens are responsible for two-thirds of all healthcare-associated infections (HAIs).
Clorox(R) Broad Spectrum Cleaner is a fast, effective disinfectant and powerful cleaner that is gentle enough to use daily on common healthcare surfaces. The product helps to meet the needs of busy healthcare professionals by effectively eliminating most organisms in two minutes.
"Protecting patients is one of the top concerns for healthcare facilities and our Clorox(R) Broad Spectrum Cleaner fulfills that need by ensuring that harmful pathogens are eliminated before they become problems," said Craig Stevenson, vice president and general manager, Clorox Professional Products Company. "The Clorox Company is committed to meeting the diverse needs of healthcare professionals in numerous facility settings with both our non-bleach and bleach-based products."
While bleach-based products are ideal for cleaning high-touch, high-risk areas, quaternary cleaners give healthcare professionals an important option for daily surface disinfection of lower-risk areas. Clorox(R) Broad Spectrum Cleaner complements Clorox's bleach-based portfolio of products, which are ideal for disinfecting high-risk areas and for dealing with C. difficile.Clorox(R) Broad Spectrum Quaternary Disinfectant Cleaner is:
- Fast and effective: Clorox(R) Broad Spectrum Cleaner requires no pre-cleaning and kills most organisms in two minutes, up to 33 percent faster than a leading quaternary spray.(2)
- A powerful, gentle disinfectant cleaner: Clorox(R) Broad Spectrum Cleaner is fragrance-free to help avoid the fumes associated with other quaternary disinfectant sprays. The product's formula allows for powerful cleaning against tough messes, yet is gentle enough to use daily on common healthcare surfaces.
- Registered to kill 90 healthcare-relevant pathogens: Clorox(R) Broad Spectrum Cleaner is EPA-registered to kill all ESKAPE pathogens ( E. faecium, S. aureus, K. pneumoniae, A. baumannii, P. aeruginosa, E. aerogenes), which are some of today's most threatening antibiotic resistant organisms. It is also effective against HIV, Hepatitis B and C, MRSA, VRE and TB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV