BJ's Wholesale Club And Local Hospitals Partner To Host Free "Pink Picnics" Event
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- For the 6th consecutive year, BJ's Wholesale Club will partner with 13 of the country's leading cancer centers to hold "Pink Picnics" events. Held at local BJ's Wholesale Clubs, the picnic luncheons feature a doctor or specialist from a partner hospital and an inspirational speaker, who will share her experience with the disease. The Pink Picnics are a celebration of survival and are free and open to the public.
At each picnic, a physician will discuss the extraordinary work in battling the disease, happening at his or her cancer center. Each picnic will also feature an inspirational speaker who has been impacted by the disease, and cancer survivors will be invited to tell their personal stories about battling cancer. Additionally, all attendees will receive special gift bags.
"Many members of the BJ's Wholesale Club family have battled breast cancer or had a family member go through it; so it's an honor to hold the 'Pink Picnic' events to raise awareness and money that will go to the life-saving work being done at these cancer centers," said Jessica Newman, Manager of Community Relations.
In addition to hosting the Pink Picnics this October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness month, BJ's Wholesale Club will sell "Pink Ribbon" Club merchandise. As in years past, funds will be raised through this specially marked merchandise sold at all BJ's Wholesale Clubs and donated to the following 13 NCI-designated Cancer Centers:
- Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center at Hillcrest Hospital (OH)
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (MA)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Norris Cotton Cancer Center (NH)
- Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center (NC)
- Georgetown University Hospital's Betty Lou Ourisman Breast Health Center (DC)
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute (FL)
- Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center (MD)
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute (NY)
- The Cancer Institute of New Jersey (NJ)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals (PA)
- VCU Massey Cancer Center (VA)
- Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University (GA)
- Yale Cancer Center (CT)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV