The Board of Directors of Natuzzi S.p.A. (NYSE:NTZ), Italy’s largest furniture manufacturer and world’s leading manufacturer of leather-upholstered furniture, today approved its financial results for the second quarter and first six months of 2011.
1H 2011 financial results
- Net Group Profit of € 6.6 million vs. a Net Group Loss of € 4.1 million in 1H 2010
- Negative EBIT of € 8.1 million, vs. a positive EBIT of € 2.7 million in 1H 2010
- Industrial Margin was € 83.3 million as compared to € 103.3 million in 1H 2010
- Total Net Sales were € 242.4 million, down 10.8% as compared to 1H 2010
2Q 2011 financial results
- Net Group Profit of € 9.6 million vs. a Net Group Loss of € 2.8 million in 2Q 2010
- Negative EBIT of € 5.5 million, vs. a positive EBIT of € 2.3 million in 2Q 2010
- Industrial Margin was € 40.6 million as compared to € 54.6 million in 2Q 2010
- Total Net Sales were € 121.4 million, down 16.4% as compared to 2Q 2010
- Positive Net Financial Position of €61.6 with a considerable improvement as compared to December 31, 2010.
1H 2011 financial resultsTotal Net Sales (including raw materials and semi-finished products sold to third parties) were € 242.4 million, decreasing by 10.8% with respect to 2010.Total upholstery sales totalled € 211.0 million with a decline of 12.9% over the same period in 2010.In particular, the Natuzzi brand was down 4.2%, while the “all brands” marked a decrease of 19.4%. Within the Natuzzi brand, the decline is mainly concentrated in Europe, while there is positive performance in the Americas and Rest of World.Sales of “all brands” (-19.4%) affected in particular by the sharp decline in North America, whose results were negatively impacted by the relocation of existing production sites in China to a new plant that generated delays in production today returned to normal.Other sales have registered a total increase of 6.4% thanks to strong sales of accessories. Industrial margin, 34.4% of sales compared to 38.0% in the first six months of 2010, mainly reflects the increase in prices of raw materials and labour costs (in particular China and Romania).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV