MCKINNEY, Texas, Sept. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Blockbuster L.L.C. will soon launch an app that gives people the ability to rent and watch movies through Facebook Platform. The Blockbuster app on Facebook is designed to provide Blockbuster customers new forms of discovery and engagement around the Blockbuster digital catalog. The announcement was made at the f8 Developer Conference in San Francisco.
When renting movies from Blockbuster's expansive library, people can navigate the Blockbuster experience within Facebook, which will include discovery, search and video playback through an embedded player.
The Blockbuster app is focused on transactional digital rentals, which include the newest releases as well as older favorites. Additionally, Blockbuster has integrated with Facebook to create a frictionless account creation process.The Blockbuster app on Facebook will be coming soon. About Blockbuster Blockbuster L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), is a leading global provider of movie and game rentals and is synonymous with family entertainment. The company provides customers with convenient access to media entertainment anywhere, any way – whether in-store, by-mail, or digitally to homes and mobile devices. With a highly recognized brand and a library of more than 100,000 movies, TV shows and game titles, Blockbuster's multichannel presence serves millions of customers around the world annually. Visit www.blockbuster.com Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc. SOURCE Blockbuster L.L.C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV