5. Western Gas Partners (WES), a Master Limited Partnership formed by Anadarko Petroleum, owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets. The company engages in the business of gathering, processing, compressing, treating and transporting natural gas, condensate, natural gas liquids (NGLs) and crude oil in the U.S.
Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend buying and the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Its average 12-month price target is $39.86, which is 14.6% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company reported total revenue of $161.7 million as compared to $124.9 million in the year-ago quarter. Net income attributable to the company stood at $33.9 million, or 39 cents per diluted share, compared to $29.0 million, or 35 cents per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2010. Total throughput for the second quarter increased sequentially by 3% to 1,555 MMcf/d. The company paid quarterly dividend of 40.5 cents per unit for the second quarter, indicating 4% sequential increase and 16% year-over-year increase.The company has raised its full-year 2011 guidance for adjusted EBITDA to a range of $245 to $260 million from the previous view of $230 to $250 million, after the acquisition of Bison Assets as well as its strong year-to-date performance. Meanwhile, it has reduced its guidance for maintenance capital expenditure as a percent of adjusted EBITDA to a range of 8% to 11% from the earlier 11% to 14%. Total capital expenditure is seen in the range of $97 to $112 million. The company recently said it will offer up to 5.75 million new shares and use some or all the proceeds to repay its debt. WES added it will offer 5 million shares representing limited-partner interests, and give underwriters the option to buy up to 750,000 more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV