NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Based on strong industry outlook, latest quarterly results and analysts' buy, hold recommendations, these seven natural gas stocks have potential upsides ranging from 14% to 30%. On average, these stocks have buy recommendation of 55% and hold rating of 40%, based on a Bloomberg consensus.
The stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
7. MarkWest Energy Partners (MWE), a Master Limited Partnership, engages in the gathering, processing and transportation of natural gas, transportation, fractionation, storage and marketing of NGLs, and the gathering and transportation of crude oil.
Of the nine analysts covering the stock, eight recommend a buy and one rates a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Its average 12-month price target is $53.56, up 13.6% from the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.The company reported revenue of $400.4 million for the second quarter of 2011 compared to $323.8 million in the same period prior year. Net income attributable to the partnership for the quarter stood at $78.5 million, or $1.03 per diluted share, compared to $60.2 million, or 84 cents per share, in the second quarter of 2010. At the end of the quarter, the company had cash and cash equivalents of $71.6 million, while capital expenditure stood at $101.6 million. Cash available for distribution to common unit holders or distributable cash flow (DCF) for the second quarter stood at $82.9 million, indicating distribution coverage of 150%. Meanwhile, the second-quarter distribution of $55.4 million, or $0.70 per common unit, was paid to shareholders, indicating 4.5% sequential increase and $9.4 year-over-year increase. The company has raised its full-year DCF forecast range to be $300 to $330 million from the previous view of $280 to $320 million, driven by forecasted operational volumes from existing operations, growth, and capital projects that likely will complete and commence operations during 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV