Regarding cost and expenses for the quarter ended June 30, 2011 total operating expenses were $4.7 million versus $4.9 million for the comparable quarter 2010. For the year ended June 30, 2011 total operating expenses were $15.1 million compared to $17.2 million for the year ended June 30, 2010. The decreases in operating expenses for the respective periods is a result of reducing staffing levels pursuant to Palatin’s strategic decision to concentrate on our clinical programs announced in September of 2010.
Regarding our cash position, our cash and cash equivalents were $18.9 million as of June 30, 2011 compared to cash, cash equivalents and investments of $8.9 million at June 30, 2010 with current liabilities of $2.8 million as of June 30, 2011, compared to $2.4 million as June 30, 2010. In March 2011, Palatin closed on a $23 million firm commitment public offering consisting of 23 million units at a price to the public $1. Net proceeds to us after deducting underwriting discounts and other offering expenses were $21 million.
We believe based on our current operating plan that our cash, cash equivalents will be sufficient to fund our operations through at least calendar year 2012.
Carl SpanaThank you, Steve. Now we will update on our programs. First I will cover our obesity and diabetes melanocortin receptor 4 program which is partner with AstraZeneca. Over the past year this program has made excellent progress. Earlier this year under the direction of AstraZeneca with assistance by the team at Palatin our melanocortin receptor 4 obesity program took a major step forward when AstraZeneca initiated Phase I clinical studies with a compound they call AZD2820. AZD2820 is a clinical candidate selected by AstraZeneca from its collaborative research program with Palatin. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV