No. 4, Motorola chief Sanjay Jha
Now that Google (GOOG) is in a $12.5 billion deal to acquire Motorola Mobility (MMI), CEO Sanjay Jha could be called on to perform another death-defying deed elsewhere. You'll recall Jha came to Motorola from Qualcomm (QCOM) in 2009 and completely rebuilt the company around Google Android phones.
Not only did that avoid what looked to be certain doom for the phone maker, it revived Motorola enough to catch the interest of Google.
In tech turnarounds, there have been very few recent success stories, but Jha certainly authored one at Motorola. If called upon, he could try his hand with HP.Strength: Has a big turnaround trophy with Google/Motorola. Weakness: A deep wireless background isn't on HP's criteria list.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV