NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Tyson Foods (TSN), Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), Deckers Outdoor (DECK), Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH), HanesBrands (HBI) and Nike (NKE) have outperformed the broader indices and have upside potential of up to 46% over the next year.
These six consumer stocks have market capitalizations of up to $2.5 billion and the potential to deliver attractive returns. They returned an average 59% in the last year, while the Dow returned around 4.8%. These six have strong buy rating of 63%-85%.
6. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters engages in the specialty coffee and coffee-maker businesses. The company has presence across segments like the specialty coffee business unit and Keurig.For the third quarter of fiscal 2011, revenue jumped 127% year-over-year to $717 million. Around 82% of consolidated net sales in the second quarter came from the Keurig business unit. Lawrence J. Blanford, president and CEO, said in a press statement: "In addition to continued strong consumer adoption of the Keurig Single-Cup Brewing system, we believe our third quarter benefitted from our first-ever significant spring advertising and brand support programs, designed to raise awareness of the Keurig Single-Cup Brewing system and of our Brew Over Ice¿ Teas and Coffees, perfect for the summer months." The company's gross profit margin improved to 36.8% from 34.4% in the corresponding quarter of fiscal 2010 on a shift in sales mix. Net income increased to $56.7 million, up three times from the third quarter of fiscal 2010. The stock has outperformed the Dow, increasing 207% during the last year. The stock has 73% buy ratings and estimated upside of 10% in the next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV