CHARLESTON, S.C., Sept. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Bank of South Carolina Corporation, (Nasdaq: BKSC) the parent Company for The Bank of South Carolina, increased its dividend from $.10 per share to $.11 per share. This quarterly dividend is payable October 31, 2011 to shareholders of record as of October 12, 2011. Hugh C. Lane, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer of The Bank of South Carolina, commenting on the 10% increase stated, "We thought it was important in this time of economic uncertainly to send a message to our shareholders, customers and community that The Bank of South Carolina remains a strong, profitable institution."
Lane continued, "The Bank began paying a cash dividend in August of 1989, two and a half years after opening for business. October 22, 2011 will be the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Bank receiving its charter from the State Board of Financial Institutions."
The Bank of South Carolina, a De Novo Charter, which opened in 1987 at 256 Meeting Street, has offices in Summerville, Mt. Pleasant, and the West Ashley community. Our website is www.banksc.com. Bank of South Carolina Corporation currently trades its common stock on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol "BKSC".
SOURCE Bank of South Carolina Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV