Last up this week is a recap from last week's column: Dish Network (DISH). Last week, shares were pushing through a breakout level, and I suggested, "taking a long position in shares for a short-term trade," as shares worked their way to the $28 resistance level set back in June -- the nearest price target in shares.
Sure enough, the trade was textbook. Shares moved from that breakout level to the $28 price target, and hit their head on resistance there. Traders who put a stop just below that $28 level would have raked in 7% gains on the trade in the last week. If you're still holding onto shares for some reason, it's certainly time to get out.
To see this week's potential trades in action, check out the High Volume Technicals portfolio on Stockpickr.-- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV