The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( ETF Expert) -- In spite of significant corrective activity in U.S. stock assets and in spite of bears clawing away at a number of foreign stock assets, the most popular company on the planet remains unharmed. In fact, shares of Apple (AAPL) hit a new all-time high on Sept. 20, 2011.
Everyone is "gaga" for Apple stock. That includes you, me... even the guy who takes my clothes at the dry cleaners. The only question is whether or not the universal love for Apple will result in a single-stock bubble. (Maybe when it hits $500 per share, but I don't think we've arrived just yet.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV