Pimco Reportedly Nears First Bank Deal
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is reviewing an application for a company set up by the $2.3 billion Pimco Bravo Fund to acquire a stake of about 20% in ECB Bancorp, according to Reuters.
The Pimco fund is making a $25 million investment ECB Bancorp as part of a $79.7 million recapitalization of the lender. The Pimco Bravo fund is the single largest investor in the deal.
The transaction appears to be the first investment in a bank by the Pimco Bravo fund, Reuters noted.-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV