In medical equipment and supplies complex, a key insider has done some notable buying in Lincare Holding (LNCR), a provider of oxygen and other respiratory therapy services to patients in the home. This stock is down over 22% so far in 2011.
This company has a market cap of $1.9 billion and an enterprise value of $2.34 billion. The stock trades at a cheap valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 10.9 and a forward price-to-earnings of 9.18. Lincare's estimated growth rate for this year is 3.7%, and for next year it's pegged at 16.5%. This is not a cash-rich company; its total cash position is $122.15 million, and its total debt is $532.79 million.The CEO and chairman of the board just bought 25,000 shares, or $521,500 worth of stock, at $20.86 per share. Two other directors at the company also bought over $700,000 worth of stock at around $20 a share during the past two months. From a technical standpoint, this stock is currently trading below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock has been beaten down big from its July high of $30.21 a share to a recent low of $19.65 a share. Since that huge drop, the stock has started to form a basing pattern between $19.60 and $22.50 a share. This sideways pattern could be signaling a bullish trend change for the stock. If you're looking to buy this stock, I would be a buyer once it breaks out above the upper end of the sideways trading pattern at $22.50 and then above its 50-day moving average of $22.93 a share. Look for a move above those levels on solid volume that's tracking in close to or above its three-month average volume of 1.5 million shares. One could also buy it off weakness with a stop just below that big support at $19.65 a share. Lincare is one of the top-yielding health services stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV