5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying
A natural gas player whose insiders have snapped up a large amount of stock is Crosstex Energy (XTXI), which is engaged in the gathering, transmission, processing and marketing of natural gas and natural gas liquids through its subsidiaries. What's interesting here is that insiders are paying up to buy a huge amount of stock, since shares are up over 63% so far in 2011.
This company has a market cap of $684 million and an enterprise value of $1.45 billion. This is far from a cheap stock, with a forward price-to-earnings of 290. Crosstex's estimated growth rate for this year is 75%, and for next year it's pegged at 183%. This is not a cash-rich company, with a total cash position on its balance sheet of $7 million and total debt of a whopping $789.88 million.A beneficial owner just bought about 1.8 million shares, or about $26.4 million worth of stock, at $14.89 per share. From a technical standpoint, the stock is currently trading above its 50-day and its 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. Crosstex recently made a monster run from its August lows of $8.33 a share to its current price of just over $14.50 a share. If you want to buy this stock, I would look to buy it once it breaks out above $15.25 to $15.30 a share on big volume. Those levels have marked a double top for now unless the stock can reverse course and get back above that overhead resistance. I would look for a breakout on volume that's tracking in at close to or above its three-month average action of 984,745 shares. One could also buy this stock off any significant weakness with a stop just below the 50-day moving aveage of $12.13 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV