Accuray Inc. Stock Downgraded (ARAY)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 597.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.02 million to -$24.98 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, ACCURAY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The share price of ACCURAY INC has not done very well: it is down 18.98% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- ACCURAY INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACCURAY INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.43 versus $0.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.30 versus -$0.43).
- 42.80% is the gross profit margin for ACCURAY INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ARAY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ARAY's net profit margin of -33.20% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.