WASHINGTON, September 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Minds + Machines, a leading provider of consulting and registry services for new gTLDs, announced a new program for brand owners who are considering applying for a new generic top-level domain (gTLD) from ICANN.
The announcement came at a meeting of the International Trademark Association in Washington DC, where members gathered to discuss the new gTLD program from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), due to begin on January 12, 2012. With time running short, brand owners must soon decide whether and how to apply for a new gTLD.
Antony Van Couvering, CEO of Minds + Machines, said: "Registry offerings today are missing major elements that are important to brands. There are a lot of innovative ways for brands to use new gTLDs, but most brands want to first secure their gTLD for a reasonable price, and maybe use it internally, before deciding on the next step. Our program provides a trusted partner, complete choice of use, great workflow options, and low pricing."The program's highlights include:
- Ability to acquire a gTLD now, then use it as needed, when needed
- Flexible and innovative pricing commensurate with use - as low as $25,000 per year, up to a maximum of $100,000 per year.
- Full consulting and technical services covering the entire gamut of application, evaluation, launch and technical back-end operations.
- Includes a private ICANN-accredited registrar (if desired)
- Company-friendly workflow allowing for multi-step domain name approvals
- Easy cost control and inter-departmental accounting
- A trusted partner for every aspect of acquiring and using a branded gTLD