HOUSTON, Sept. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE: SWN) announced today that, effective October 1, 2011, William J. Way will join the company as its Chief Operating Officer responsible for all of the company's exploration and production (E&P) operations.
A native of Houston, Mr. Way earned his undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering from Texas A&M University and has an MBA from The Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Mr. Way joined BG Group plc in 2007 as Senior Vice President, Americas, with responsibility for E&P, Midstream and LNG operations in the United States, Trinidad and Tobago, Chile, Bolivia, Canada and Argentina as well as BG's global shipping business. Mr. Way began his career at Conoco in 1981 and, over the course of his more than twenty-seven year tenure, he held a wide range of senior leadership positions in E&P, LNG, Midstream and Shipping operations in the United States, Scotland, United Arab Emirates, and Trinidad and Tobago. Mr. Way is a Registered Professional Engineer with the State of Texas and serves as a Director for several secondary educational organizations.
Southwestern Energy Company is an integrated company whose wholly-owned subsidiaries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production, natural gas gathering and marketing. Additional information on the company can be found on the Internet at http://www.swn.com.
SOURCE Southwestern Energy Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV