Helix Energy Solutions (HLX) provides underwater construction, maintenance and salvage services to the offshore natural gas and oil industry in the Gulf of Mexico.
This company's shares could rocket if the government decides to expedite the permitting process for new projects in the Gulf. It slowed the process due to an environmental review of oil production there after the BP (BP) oil spill in April 2010.It works on offshore infrastructure construction projects involving pipelines, production platforms and subsea production systems. The company's shares are up 35% this year and 62% over the past 12 months, giving it a market value of $1.8 billion. But over the past five years, its shares have declined 15%, on average, annually.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV