Dice Holdings (DHX) is an employment-services firm specializing in Internet job boards, mainly for the financial-services and health-care industries, through its Dice.com, eFinancialCareers.com and AllHealthcareJobs.com Web sites.
It earns a fee from job postings and had about 4 million visitors to its Web site last year. Given that both financial services and health care are slow right now, Dice has looked to expand its offerings into technology- and government-job postings.Its shares are down 30% this year, but up 38% over the past 12 months, giving it a market valuation of $670 million. Over the past three years it has an average annual return of 13%.
Cash America International (CSH) owns nearly 450 pawnshops under various names in the U.S. and Europe. The stores lend money on the security of pledged goods, which makes it look like a good play in a recession. Its shares are up 65% this year, and 88% over the past 12 months, giving it a market value of $1.8 billion. Its shares have an average annual return of 10% over five years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV