PITTSBURGH, Sept. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pittsburgh, PA-based L.B. Foster Company's (NASDAQ: FSTR) Fabricated Bridge Products facility in Bedford, PA has completed delivery of 37,000 sq ft of galvanized steel grid deck for the rehabilitation of the roadway on Western Pennsylvania's Boston Bridge. L.B. Foster also provided 17,000 sq ft of galvanized walkway deck for the bridge over the Youghiogheny River located between Versailles and Elizabeth Township in Allegheny County. Each deck panel was uniquely designed for specific roadway and sidewalk placement on the 80 year old bridge.
L.B. Foster worked closely with Young Galvanizing, Inc. of Pulski, PA, to coat the deck units and ship them in a specific sequence for efficient installation. Mike Little of Pittsburgh's Trumbull Corporation, the general contractor on the project, complimented the L.B. Foster project management team for their ability to coordinate and maintain the expedited delivery schedule. "Our team kept contact with the material from initial fabrication through delivery to assure product integrity and timely rehabilitation of this critical span," said John Stewart, L.B. Foster Construction Products Sales Representative. The steel grid decking was shipped ready to install and has minimized the closure of the busy 1,182 foot bridge.L.B. Foster's fabricated steel deck is ideal for roadway and sidewalk replacement on spans where a high strength to weight ratio is required. "Our steel grid decking reinforces concrete to form a lighter weight composite material that provides lasting durability and great value," noted Mike Riley, Marketing Manager of L.B. Foster's Fabricated Bridge Products group. The Boston Bridge roadway replacement project is scheduled for completion in late 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV