Nicor Stock Hits New 52-Week High (GAS)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nicor Inc (NYSE:GAS) hit a new 52-week high Tuesday as it is currently trading at $56.33, above its previous 52-week high of $56.32 with 120,127 shares traded as of 1:19 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 359,500 shares over the past 30 days. Nicor has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 10.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Nicor Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in natural gas distribution business in the United States. The company distributes natural gas to approximately 2.2 million residential, commercial, and industrial customers in northern Illinois. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.5, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your GAS trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV