Updated from 11:40 a.m. ET for latest new high and closing price.
Hot on the heels of Monday's surge, investors continued to swarm around Apple's stock on Tuesday, pushing the shares to new peaks. The iPhone maker's stock had reached a new 52-week high of $422 during morning trading then saw some choppy trading before reaching $422.86 later in the session.
|Apple's stock hit a new high on Tuesday.|
With the next-generation iPhone on deck, and investors clearly warming to the company's new CEO Tim Cook, Apple's shares are outpacing the tech sector.After hitting the $422.86 high, Apple shares retreated in the final hour of trading to close at $413.45, although this finish was still up 0.44% from Monday's close at $411.63. Based on Tuesday's close, Apple has a record high market cap of $383.31 billion, more than that of Exxon Mobil (XOM). The Nasdaq Composite ended the day down 0.86%. The Nasdaq 100 was down 0.56%. Apple has a 12.3% weighting in the Nasdaq 100 after a rebalancing in May. Prior to that, the stock accounted for more than 20% of the index. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV