3. InterOil Corp. is an independent energy company operating in the upstream, midstream and downstream business segments.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company's operating segments of corporate, midstream refining and downstream were profitable and yielded an aggregate $34.5 million, whereas the development segments of upstream and midstream liquefaction recorded combined net losses of $11 million. Overall, net profit reported was $23.5 million, compared with $7.8 million during the same quarter last year.
Improved performance of the refining and downstream segments contributed toward higher gross profits. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization for the quarter were $39 million, compared with $15 million in the year-ago quarter. Total revenue increased to $304 million during the period from $225 million in the same period prior year.The company recently proposed supplying one million tons per annum of liquid natural gas to Noble Clean Fuels from its Gulf LNG project in Papua New Guinea. Of analysts polled by Bloomberg, 83% rate the stock a buy. Their average one-year price target is 71% greater than current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV