4. Energy XXI (Bermuda) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company with business interests in the U.S. Gulf Coast and Gulf of Mexico.
Energy XXI reported earnings before interest, tax, and depreciation of $166 million for its fourth quarter of fiscal 2011. That compares with $79 million in the same quarter of fiscal 2010.
Net profit was $36 million on revenue of $282 million and production of 42,100 barrels of oil equivalent (boe) per day. The results include contributions from acquisitions made in certain Gulf of Mexico properties.Higher cash flows and improved production strengthened the company's balance sheet as it has managed to reduce debt by $200 million during the final six months of fiscal 2011. The stock has gained 32% in the last year and is trading with a P/E of 9.6, based on estimated 2011 earnings. Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 13 rate it a buy. The stock is expected to gain 61% over the next one year, according to analysts' surveyed by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV