5. Schlumberger is a supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to the oil and gas industry.
Net income for the second quarter of 2011 stood at $1.18 billion, up 22% from the same quarter last year. During the quarter, the company repurchased shares worth $700 million.
Revenue from oilfield services grew 51% year over year during the quarter, contributing 90% towards revenue. Overall, net revenue was $9.6 billion, compared with $5.9 billion in the same quarter a year before.The stock's key growth drivers in 2011 are technology upgrades required for exploration and deepwater operations. Surging oil prices could support additional drilling activity in North America and the Middle East, led by Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Eight-nine percent of analysts covering the stock rate it a buy, and their average price target is 59% greater than the stock's current level. Shares are trading with a P/E of 13, based on estimated 2012 earnings.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts