6. Eni SpA is an Italy-based energy major with activities ranging from oil and gas exploration and production, gas marketing, management of gas infrastructure, power generation, petrochemicals and oil field services.
Adjusted operating profit was up 7.6% during the first half of 2011, due to better operating performance reported by the exploration and production segment. Adjusted net income for the period was up 4% over the first half of 2010, resulting from a lower group tax rate and better operating performance.
Operating cash flow stood at $6 billion at the end of the second quarter and was used to fund capital expenditure and repay net borrowings from the December quarter of 2010.The stock is trading with a P/E ratio of 6.3 based on estimated 2011 earnings. On average, analysts expect shares to rise 53% over the next year. Sixty percent of analysts covering the stock have buy ratings on it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV