7. Total is an integrated oil and gas company with operations in more than 130 countries. Overall, Total has interests in 24 refineries located in Europe, the U.S., and a retail network of over 16,000 stations worldwide.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company's revenue and adjusted operating income increased 9% and 8%, respectively, from the same quarter a year earlier.
The company is actively pursuing deals in the upstream business segment, has experienced exploration success in Angola and Bolivia and has launched two projects in Norway. Besides, Total has acquired SunPower, a U.S.-based solar company.Analysts are positive on the stock and on average expect it to rise 46% in the next year. Shares are trading with a P/E ratio of 6 based on estimated 2011 earnings, and 71% of analysts covering the stock give it a buy rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV